- Child Safe Classroom. Our classroom volunteers serve as an important part of our safe child policy. We require that two non-related adults are in the classroom whenever children are present.
- Silent Partner. We ask that classroom volunteers refrain from engaging with students or the teacher during class unless there are safety issues or the teacher requests your participation. If you have any concerns about the class or teacher, please speak to a board member.
- Assist Teacher if Asked. A teacher may ask for assistance in the classroom with projects, making copies, handing out materials, etc.
- Note taking. If you have a laptop or smart device and feel comfortable taking notes, we will gladly publish your notes on the Google classroom site to help students that were absent or want extra review.
- Kiva/Lunch Monitors. Students that have open periods where they do not have class may remain in the Kiva, lunchroom, or playground. The Kiva monitors serve as resource person for students not in class. No specific actions are required except in cases of safety or inappropriate behaviors.
- Pass Background Check. Classroom volunteers must pass annual iChat background check for $10.
- Security. The door monitor makes sure the front entrance remains locked except to allow in visitors there for Schrodinger or other activities at the church. You may be asked to hold a door open while a teacher carries in materials.
- Greeting. The door monitor can help greet students and families and direct them to the classrooms or direct visitors to the church office.
- Remind. The door monitor can remind students and families that doors are not allowed to be propped open except for brief periods during loading and unloading and should only be done when the door is within view.
- Lunchroom: Wipe tables, sweep floor, replace trash bags
- Classrooms and Kiva: Wipe tables, vacuum and sweet floors, rearrange tables and chairs, replace trash bags
- Hall Bathroom: Wipe mirror, clean up messes, replace trash bags